Ok, so I know I rant a bit (lot) about how people should be nicer to each other.
It feels like these days people are so concerned with themselves that they live in a little bubble where kindness, thoughtfulness and understanding no longer exists.
It could be easy to get despondent, but I know for sure that out there are some little pockets of happiness and inner peace, just waiting to be discovered.
So, without meaning to sound like the crazy cat lady from The Simpsons, I've decided to list a few ways I like to get a little bit of feel good in my life and they're totally (mostly) FOC!
The help your fellow man ones:
- Smile and make eye contact with someone you pass, maybe even say hello.
- Help someone.. An old lady drops something? Help her pick it up. You see a mum struggling with the little ones and the shopping - instead of tutting at the noise, why not hold the door open for her?
- Talk to an elderly person. They've got so many great stories to share.
- Someone's queuing to get out of a junction? Why not let them out?
- Leaving a car park and have a couple of hours left on your ticket? Why not give it to someone else?
- Buy a suspended coffee or sandwich and help someone more in need than you.
- When someone annoys you, how about killing them with kindness? Be nice - it'll do their heads in loads more and believe me, you'll feel so much better inside.
And the ones just for you - who knows, maybe they might make you feel like being a little nicer!
- Close your eyes and take some long deep breaths. Remember in through the nose, out through the mouth...
- Take a swim in the sea - feels fantastic!
- Give up on the pork life mate - get some exercise! I can't recommend Pilates enough - amazing for mind, body and soul!
- Take time to listen to or even record the sound of your children playing together and laughing. Nothing. In the world. Beats it.
Are you starting to feel the love yet?